Maintenance Instructor – T-6 Aircraft
Maintenance Training Director
Maintenance trainers/instructors with USAF backgrounds shall have skills to the craftsman level (USAF 7-skill level equivalent reference AFI 36-2101) in a like position, system, and specialty. Civilian-trained maintenance trainer/instructors shall have an A&P license. A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in their respective specialty is required. The instructors shall have the experience, technical and communication skills necessary to provide a thorough understanding of the training objectives for as set forth in the PWS. The instructor must be able to apply professional and technical expertise to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals, etc. All instruction will be conducted in the English language.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.
- Provide new MX training candidates with information to facilitate their understanding of the home station training processes, responsibilities to training, and trainer and instructor/supervisor responsibilities.
- T-6A Advanced Airframe (A010), Powerplant (A011), and Avionics (A012) courses. These advanced level courses shall provide task qualification and sufficient field level expertise to perform advanced MX tasks such as scheduled O and I level MX as well as unscheduled maintenance events, aircraft forms management, technical order management, and shop supervision.
- Use approved and maintain current Course Control Documents (CCD). Instructors will provide inputs to training schedules and reports, as required.
- Cover pertinent flight line and industrial safety policies and procedures, use of personal protective equipment, and will be provided a wingman concept presentation.
- Ensure Instructors develop personalized lesson plans for each course.
- Record and report lost training time daily.
- Monitor and report student performance and act as necessary, report to IqAF leadership.
- Instructor develop and submit a remedial training plan for IMS that fail to achieve training milestones.
- Document on IMS training record and Report to AFSAT/TPM/COR.
- Brief the immediate supervisor, as required, whenever student’s progression is substandard
- Ensure instructors administer and control tests.
- follow the approved Course Plan of Instruction (POI)/Lesson Plan when teaching to achieve objectives.
- Ensure instructors issue training deficiency reports, when required. Develop a continuity book for the duty position and all associated positions.
- Educational mindset
- Sensitive to working with foreign cultures
Typical Flight Maintenance Instruction conditions on and off the air field. Occasionally may work in austere, hostile conditions implementing new programs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Depending on needs overtime may be required, particularly during preparation for special activities.
Required Education and Experience
- Must hold US, European Air and Safety Administration (EASA) or other national level certification as maintenance instructors in their tasked area of instruction e.g. Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) instructors (AMT aka Airframe and Power plant "A&P”) and Aviation Electronics Technician (AET) (aka "Avionics”) instructors.
- Must be U.S. maintenance instructors shall be FAA certified (A&P mechanics), and/or National Center for Aerospace and Transportation Technologies (NCATT) certified.
- If applicable, Nondestructive Testing (NDT) instructors shall hold U.S. American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II or higher, or equivalent foreign Civil Aviation Administration (CAA) certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Spartan Air Academy Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.