Maintenance/GSE Technician – T-6 Aircraft
CLS Site Manager
The Maintenance/GSE Technician I OCONUS will be stationed at Balad Air Base, Iraq in support of the CLS contract and will report to the CLS Site Manager. This position will work independently, with other maintenance crew and as an on-the-job trainer maintaining Ground Support Equipment (GSE) for the CLS program supporting the IqAF T-6A fleet operations. Occasional support of aircraft maintenance operations may be required with primary focus on tools and GSE. Perform inspection, assess for condition, define method of repair, and work with other functions to ensure safe and quality tool and equipment availability for maintenance operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.
- Inspect Ground Support Equipment (GSE) at specific intervals as required by regulation and/or manufacturer requirements
- Manage GSE calibration intervals ensuring timely recertification/calibration to mitigate impact to flight operations
- Collaborate with COMBS and Mx Controller/Scheduler to ensure calibration records are properly recorded in the Talon System and spare parts are available
- Troubleshoot GSE malfunctions and perform necessary corrective actions including calibration, repair, and/or replacement
- Engage with trainees and graduates performing on-the-job training to ensure ongoing experience and mastery of GSE application and maintenance
- Comply with Service Bulletins, Service Instructions, and Airworthiness Directives as required
- Provide new MX training graduates with information to facilitate their understanding of the home station training processes, responsibilities to training, and trainer and instructor/supervisor responsibilities.
- Demonstrate pertinent flight line and industrial safety procedures
- Brief the immediate supervisor, as required, whenever on-the-job training progression is substandard and remedial training is required
- Perform all maintenance related tasks by, with, and through IqAF Academy graduates and/or trainees as available
- Maintain inspection logs for all CLS Program tools and GSE
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft and equipment maintenance
- Maintain proper records of all maintenance activities
- Perform other maintenance tasks as requested
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Patience and aptitude to work with new maintenance graduates/trainees
- Knowledge of FAA approved maintenance practices, techniques, and procedures
- Sensitive to working with foreign cultures
Typical Flight Maintenance with support equipment emphasis conditions on and off the airfield. Occasionally may work in austere, hostile conditions implementing new programs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Depending on needs overtime may be required, particularly during preparation for special activities.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be familiar with FAA federal aviation regulations pertaining to the maintenance and repair of aircraft
- Have thorough experience with all Ground Support Equipment
- Must have five (3) years’ work experience performing inspection and maintenance on T-6A or similar type aircraft and related equipment
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Technician’s certificate
- More than five (5) years of work experience performing inspections and maintenance on T-6A or similar aircraft and related equipment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Spartan Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.