Avionics Technician Lead - OCONUS
CLS Site Manager
The Avionics Technician Lead OCONUS will be stationed at Balad Air Base, Iraq in support of the CLS program and will report to the CLS Site Manager. This position will work independently, with other maintenance crew and as an on-the-job trainer maintaining aircraft avionics systems for the IqAF T-6A fleet. This individual is responsible for prioritizing, assigning and assisting in the performance of aircraft maintenance pertaining to wiring and electrical components, fixtures, and other associated equipment. This work is performed in support of the maintenance schedule and all unscheduled and scheduled maintenance as required to meet flight line operations to include launch and recovery in accordance with mission requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.
- Work with Mx Controller/Scheduler to ensure maintenance milestones and material availability requirements are met
- Assign tasks / jobs to avionics technicians in accordance with the mx schedule and/or unscheduled maintenance requirements
- Inspect and certify aircraft and systems at specific intervals as required
- Removal and install of avionics and electrical systems
- Troubleshoot installations relative to wiring, systems operations, and other avionics related challenges
- Comply with service bulletins, instructions, airworthiness directives, and other FAA requirements
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft and equipment maintenance
- Maintain general knowledge of applicable industry regulations and customer specific requirements
- Maintain proper records of all maintenance activities including aircraft logbooks and other historical data as required
- Sign off on maintenance work performed on avionics and related systems by avionics technicians as well as Academy graduates and trainees
- Engage with Academy trainees and graduates performing on-the-job training to ensure ongoing experience with and mastery of avionics systems maintenance
- Brief the immediate supervisor, as required, whenever on-the-job training progression is substandard and remedial training is required
- Perform all maintenance related tasks by, with, and through IqAF Academy graduates or trainees as available
- Demonstrate and adhere to all pertinent flight line and industrial safety procedures
- Perform other tasks as requested
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Patience and aptitude to train, motivate with new maintenance graduates/trainees
- Knowledge of FAA approved maintenance practices, techniques, and procedures
- Sensitive to working with foreign cultures
- Self-motivated and possessing the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to adapt and find solutions to day to day challenges
- Ability to read and interpret installation drawings, wiring diagrams, and technical manuals
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing systems and fax/scanner machines. Occasionally may work in austere, hostile conditions implementing new programs
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Depending on needs overtime may be required, particularly during preparation for special activities.
Required Education and Experience
- Five experience in special mission, military, and/or corporate aircraft maintenance role
- Five years work experience performing inspection and maintenance on T-6A or similar type aircraft avionics systems
- Prior experience in a supervisory or lead position
- Current FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A & P) Certification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Spartan Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.