Project Finance Manager - Irving, TX
Project Finance Manager, Irving, TX
Director of Finance
Spartan Air Academy Iraq, LLC (“Spartan Iraq” or the “Company”) was awarded a contract in early 2018 by the U.S. Government to serve as the prime contractor for establishing and operating an aviation academy at a military site in Iraq for the Iraq Air Force (the “Academy”). Spartan Iraq is now providing pilot and maintenance technician training courses, among other activities, in Iraq. The Academy is training students with Cessna 172 and Cessna 208 aircraft, with expansion anticipated to include Beechcraft T-6A aircraft. The aim of the program is to develop the Academy to be self-sustaining under management by the Iraq Air Force. Our U.S. office is based in Irving. While Spartan Iraq is an entrepreneurial organization, it is an affiliate of Spartan Education Group, which has campuses in 3 markets and has provided aviation training to more than 130,000 students from more than 60 countries during the past 90 years.
- Participates in the bid and proposal process, conducts margin analysis, generates basis of estimates, and supports project planning and setup
- Works with the executive team to develop and maintain the work breakdown structure and project or activity structure that supports contract financial requirements, reporting requirements, billing terms and so forth
- Maintains data in systems relevant to program financial setup, tracking, planning, reporting and analysis of the program, including transactional data, journal entries, and so forth; ensures program requirements are captured and scheduled
- Generates reports for the team regarding project status to ensure that projects are within the negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and contract guidelines; performs analysis of variances and communicates findings
- Exercises judgment within parameters of defined program management policies and procedures to make recommendations to the team on project status
- Creates and maintains program financial analysis and reporting, including percent spent, remaining budget, funding expiration projections, and so forth
- Performs projections and forecasts, estimates at completion, and sensitivity analyses
- Tracks and monitors contract modifications, and incorporates contractual changes into project control systems to maintain cost and schedule baselines
- Prepares invoices and project cost information to identify discrepancies, issues and/or concerns relative to compliance with contractual requirements; prepares backup data for invoicing as required
- Prepares project reporting documents, such as monthly status reports
- Supports the program team in Iraq with communications among the Dallas team and among external stakeholders; advises team leadership of issue status and resolution
- Monitors and alerts appropriate team members regarding unbilled costs and payment issues
- Other duties as assigned (the list above is not intended to be an exhaustive list)
- Absolute commitment to high ethics and integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Four (4) years of experience in program planning, budget development, and administration of projects or equivalent directly related experience
- U.S. citizenship is required, with the eligibility to obtain and maintain required government security clearances as a condition of employment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Deltek and project management software
- Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving, and teamwork skills
- Must be flexible with a high commitment to achieving deadlines
Preferred Education and Experience
- Military or defense industry experience
- Experience operating under Government Contracts
- Aviation and/or Education industry experience
- Will also act as mobility coordinator. Responsible for managing the orientation and deployment of employees traveling globally in accordance with specific government contract requirements.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Spartan Air Academy Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.