Sr. Integration Developer - Irving, TX! ---
Job Title: Sr. Integration Developer
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Location: Irving, Texas
Employment Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Overview: The Sr. Integration Developer is responsible for supporting and providing data extraction, transformation and load needs through the development of new routines or the enhancement of existing routines. Collaborates with internal and external business and technology partners to understand business requirements and performs data analysis. Works with back-end data architects/systems engineers to construct data objects necessary for supporting these business requirements. Participates in data warehouse design, development, and monitoring to ensure that data is clean, accurate, available, and complete. Analyzes and creates complex SQL and SSIS as needed to support new and evolving data integration projects and data extracts. Serves as subject matter expert within the team.
This is an exciting role in a challenging and fast-paced environment that requires business-customer partnership skills, business & technical acumen and the ability to effectively execute tasks on projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake a complete project through the entire SDLC of collecting requirements, recommending and designing a solution, creating project plans with realistic estimates, writing SSIS and Stored Procedures, Building Reports, Testing and Deploying relevant code
- Responsible for moving data across multiple platforms using SSIS, familiar with high transaction driven applications, tuning complex SQL queries and building/maintaining SSRS reports and SSAS cubes
- Conduct report design and development with Power BI
- Develop ETL / ELT pipelines using source databases and REST services
- Coordinate development of ETL/ELT/data warehouse best practices needed to support new and evolving sources of data used in reporting, transaction processing and analytics
- Create and analyze complex SQL and SSIS as needed to support new and evolving data integration projects and data extracts
- Conduct ETL / ELT performance tuning, troubleshooting, support and capacity estimation
- Develop, adhere to, and be a proponent for Data Warehouse development standards, including ETL / ELT standards and best practices
- Maintain a thorough understanding of business and ETL / ELT processes; identifying efficiencies and needed controls to fine-tune ETL / ELT operations
- Provide documentation for all developed ETL / ELT processes, including process flow and data mapping
- Solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration
- Maintain, design, and implement RESTful integrations with external and internal entities
- Develop audit reporting and quality improvement processes to ensure accurate and consistent delivery of data
- Work closely with different internal and external teams to troubleshoot issues and help them find a solution or design a suitable technical solution
- Serve as subject matter expert within the team and apply specialized knowledge to support the organization's vision and direction
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure AD, Azure ADDS, etc is required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work with minimal supervision in an agile / DevOps environment, be an effective communicator with other technology team members and business stakeholders
- Work with business leadership to understand problems and provide solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills & experience writing both technical and general documentation
- Strong organizational skills for developing the proper policies and procedures to maintain and enforce quality data standards
- The candidate must have strong analytical skills, he/she knows how to use technology to maintain a high level of data accuracy throughout the project lifecycle
- Understand complex business and supply chain processes and how they tie with existing customizations, modules, and integrations
- Ability to recommend improvements, plan future implementations, and build scalable customizations
- Bachelor's degree /or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years’ experience with SQL Server 2012/2016/2017
- 6+ years' experience SSIS
- 2+ years’ experience with SSRS, Power BI & Power shell scripting
- 2+ years’ experience working with Azure Databricks, Azure Dev Ops, Azure Data Factory and/or Azure Data Warehouse
- Advanced SQL query techniques and automating import/export tasks using SSIS
- Mastery of stored procedures, SQL coding, queries, index and database IO performance tuning.
- Comprehensive understanding of Data Warehouse design principles.
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve complex data integrity issues.
- Strong experience in ETL / ELT development and backroom processes required.
- Strong SQL experience, including advanced query concepts and query performance tuning.
- Ability to reverse engineer existing SQL code to determine business logic and create source-to-target mapping documents.
- Experience using data warehouse with underlying SQL databases and/or analytical tools for business purposes
- Experience connecting business requirements to data mining objectives and measuring business benefits
- Knowledge of key data warehousing and database processes
- Knowledge of RESTful communication
- Understanding of and experience in database administration
- Experience in C# or Java or Python is preferred but not required.
- Experience in Hadoop or other big data and NoSQL solutions is a plus.
- Experience in cloud computing (PaaS and IaaS) environments.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion
- Occasional after-hours or week-end coordination of deployments may be necessary
- Travel required: Minimal
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs.
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e. keyboard, mouse and monitor) or adding machine
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Must be available nights, weekends and flexible hours in order to support employees globally. Overtime may be required, particularly during preparation for special activities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Spartan Air Academy Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.